Sirloin Steak and Tomato Salad
The steak of your choice atop a bed of arugula get a flavor boost from balsamic and parmesan.
Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes / Servings: 4
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat or regular balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
Instructions1. Brush onion slices with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; set aside. Press chile powder onto beef steak. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onions around steak. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill onions 13 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
2. Separate onion slices into rings. Carve steak into slices. Season beef and onions with salt and pepper, as desired.
3. Toss salad greens with remaining 1/3 cup vinaigrette and divide among 4 salad plates. Top with tomatoes, onions and beef.
Recipe and photo from beefitswhatsfordinner.com
©2015 Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association