Pear and Jalapeño Sausage Bruschetta
A simple pairing of sweet, spicy and savory for the perfect quick-fix appetizer.
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes / Servings: 4
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Eddy Jalapeno Rope Sausage, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pears, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh sage, chopped
Instructions1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place the baguette slices onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
3. In a saute pan, heat a little olive oil and add the sausage, onion, garlic & pears. Cook until onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes
4. Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped sage, and remove from heat.
5. Top each toasted bread slice with a spoonful of the mixture.