Grilled Beef and Bean Stuffed Poblano
Add a little spice to your life with this easy to make, Mexican-inspired dish.
Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes / Servings: 4
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1/2 pound Eddy Beef Fajitas, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking Spray
Instructions1. Preheat broiler
2. Cut a lengthwise slit in one side of each pepper, discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers on a paper towel in microwave oven and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes or until peppers are hot and beginning to soften. Set aside to cool.
3. Cook Eddy Beef Fajitas, onion and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Add beans and next three ingredients to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
4. Open peppers and fill with beef and bean mixture, top with cheese.
5. Place peppers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese melts.