Chipotle Chicken Fajitas
These spicy chicken fajitas take barely any time and require only a cast-iron skillet. Oh, and they're great too!
Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes / Servings: 4
- List each one like this
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped chipotles in adobo
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 8 warm flour tortillas
- Grated Cheddar cheese, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
Instructions1. Season chicken with cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a plate; reserve skillet.
2. Add pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in chipotles, lime juice, and chicken. Cook stirring until warm. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve chicken and vegetables with tortillas and toppings.
Recipe and photo from Country Living Magazine
©2016 Country Living